Events, dates, and descriptions
Digital Literacy and Citizenship Activities:
1. Teacher Adobe Training- one morning (7:15-7:45) each month, students will train teachers on Adobe Creative Cloud products, including PhotoShop, InDesign, Animate (Flash), and Premier. Dates TBA.
2. Faculty Senate Training- 10 Best Content Apps for the Academic High School Classroom, during 2 hour early release for Faculty Senate on 12/9
3. Computer Science Ed Week- 12/9, before school students bring in cans of food to block a teachers doorway, any blocked class will be "canned" and instead of going to that class students will come to our digital literacy and citizenship workshops. This year the workshops will be improved to be more interactive and skills based.
3. Piper Workshop- students interested in learning programming for the Pipers for a video by the state dept of education can workshop with us after school from 3:30-5 or 6 on Friday 10/21 and from 10:00-2 or 4 on Saturday 10/22.
4. NASA rocketry workshop- date TBA, trip to NASA during school
5. FES Training- we have invited our educational partner, Flemington Elementary School to come participate in workshops at our location for Piper, MinecraftEDU, and game designing. Date TBA.
6. Parent training- parents from all schools in county are invited to attend a workshop on Microsoft Office 365, ESRB game ratings, and social media. Date TBA.
1. Charity Wreath Raffle- students are raffling tickets for 1$ each to win handmade holiday wreaths. Proceeds will help us provide food for local residents during the holidays, angel tree gifts, and items for the animal shelters during the holiday season. Drawing will be help on 12/9.
2. Trick or treat your teacher- during lunch periods on 10/26, 10/27, and 10/28 students will sell tickets to trick or treat their teachers on Halloween. 1$ treat- send a sweet treat and a thoughtful card to your favorite teacher, $1 trick- one toilet paper streamer on your teachers doorway, $3 trick- students will dance mob through a class of your choosing to the Spooky Scary Skeletons song.
3. Halloween Event- 10/28, we are hosting a Halloween party. Entry is $10 per person, which includes 2 slices of pizza and a drink as well as entry to all tournaments. Door prizes every hour. The club is hosting several gaming tournaments and viewing specially selected anime.
4. Popcorn Sale- students are selling special popcorn from the Popcorn Factory in time for holiday delivery!
5. School Store- selling school clothing and supplies, suckers, and meat sticks during specialized times throughout the day
6. Sponsor Seeking- students are seeking sponsors from neighbors and businesses in the area. Different levels of sponsorship may be selected. Special sponsors will get their names on our club shirts this year, and many other incentives. Closing date for sponsors will be before Thanksgiving Break.
21st Century Subcultural Activities:
1. Anime of the month- My Hero Academia vol. 1
2. Manga of the month- 7 Deadly Sins
3. Star Wars- club trip to evening premier, date TBA
1. After school from 3:30-4:30- 10/25, 11/9, 11/29
2. AA- 10/19 then every other Wednesday after that